At BOATERexam.com®, we're happy to provide a free online study guide to help you prepare for your Connecticut boater education classroom course.
Note: The online study guide is not a substitute for the classroom course.
To get your Connecticut Boater Education Card, follow these three steps:
1. Take an approved classroom course.
- Courses are offered by the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP)
- For a list of available courses, click on the button below.
- Note: Combination Safe Boating/Personal Watercraft classes are also offered.
Find a course
2. Pass the proctored exam at the end of the course.
- You must successfully pass the proctored final exam at the end of the course to be eligible for your Safe Boating Certificate or Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation.
3. Apply for your Safe Boating Certificate
- After completing your classroom course and passing the exam, you should be able to purchase your certificate from your home computer.
- The fee for the Safe Boating Certificate or Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation is $50.
For a list of classroom courses please visit the Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection online at www.ct.gov/dep/boating.
Connecticut Boating Safety
An Educated Boater is a Safer Boater. By taking a boating safety course, you help ensure our waterways are the safest they can be. Not to mention, completing a course may reduce your boat insurance 10-15%!