At BOATERexam.com, we're happy to provide a free online study guide to help you prepare for your required classroom-based boating safety course.
Note: This online study guide is not a substitute for the 8-hour class required to obtain certification.
To get a Boating Safety Certificate in Massachusetts, follow these three steps:
1. Study the BOATERexam.com Free Study Guide (Optional)
- Our online study guide is narrated, illustrated and animated to help you learn.
- Prepare yourself with all the knowledge you’ll need for your classroom-based course.
Start the study guide!
2. Take an approved boating safety class
- The classes run 10-12 hours in length and are normally split across two days.
- Classes are for adults and youth 12 years of age and older.
Find a class in your area
3. Get your Massachusetts Boating Safety Certificate
- Upon successful completion of the classroom-based course, you will receive your Boating Safety Certificate.
- Remember to keep your Boating Safety Certificate on board at all times while operating a motorized boat or personal watercraft.