State Boating and Boater Education Information
As of May 1, 2010, North Carolina residents under the age of 26 must successfully complete a NASBLA-approved boating education course before operating any vessel with a motor of 10 HP or more.
You can get your North Carolina boater education certification from BOATERexam.com. BOATERexam.com meets all the boating education requirements for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. The online course is also approved by NASBLA and recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- In 2010, there were 400,846 boats registered in North Carolina.
- In North Carolina, it is the law that anyone under 13 years of age must wear PFD when on a recreational watercraft.
- North Carolina accounted for 3% of U.S. boating accidents in 2010 and 3.6% of boating-related fatalities.
What can I expect from BOATERexam.com?
The North Carolina BOATERexam.com course includes 9 chapters followed by a 60-question final exam. Each of the chapters has a 10-question quiz to help you prepare for the exam.
BOATERexam.com is narrated, interactive and provides visual aids in its testing-features that make learning interesting and passing easier. Boaters choose BOATERexam.com by more than 2 to 1 over the next leading competitor*.
Get your North Carolina boater education certificate today.
Why choose BOATERexam.com for your North Carolina Boating Education Course?
- Approved by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Fast and convenient online study
- Interactive course material makes learning easy
- Print a temporary boater education certificate as soon as you pass
U.S. Coast Guard Recreational Boating Statistics for North Carolina
|Total number of accidents
*2011 Responsive Management report.