Colorado Course Overview
For those 16 years of age and older: If you are 16 years of age or older, you are not required to take a proctored exam in a classroom, but completing this online course and obtaining your Boater Education Card may make you eligible for a discount on your marine insurance and will help make our waterways safer and more enjoyable.
If you are under 16 years of age, you can use the course and exam as a study tool but you are not able to operate a motorboat or take the proctored exam until you are at least 14 years old.
If you are 14 or 15 years of age, please click here!
Get your Colorado Boater Education Card in three easy steps!
1. One-time payment — unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $29.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
2. Study the Online Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
3. Get your Colorado Boater Education Card
- Your temporary certificate is available to print immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks