On-line Replacement Boater Card Process
The Oregon State Marine Board has updated their database system to include an online store, capable of accepting requests for replacement Boating Education Card’s. You will be able to Register, start a Boater Education Card Replacement Application, update your information, and pay the $8 replacement fee for the new card with a VISA, MasterCard, or Discover card. You will also be able to print a temporary permit, valid for 60 days, so that you may continue to boat while waiting for your new card to arrive.
Online Store: https://apps3.oregon.gov/application/osmb/elicense/ or go to our website: www.boatoregon.com and click on the "Wear It Oregon" logo.
- Click on "Register" in the top right corner of the page,
- Answer "Yes" to the question "Have you had any prior interactions with the agency?" and click Next
- Enter your Date of Birth, your Last Name, and Mailing City (it may be the city where you were living when you initially got the card) and click Finish
- You can then enter a User ID (or keep the ID the system generated for you – write it down),
- Enter your email address
- Create a password, and enter it again to confirm
- Answer three security questions of your choice
- Click on "Create Account"
The system will generate an email to you to verify your email address (don’t worry about the message saying your email has not been verified.)
- If you do not receive an email within 5 minutes, check your junk/spam folder or click on “Generate Email” box.
- Click on the link in your email
- Click on the "Login" in the upper right hand corner; enter your User ID and Password.
- If your email has already been verified, log out and then log back in. Follow directions for "Once logged in" (below)
- DO NOT click on the "Boater Education Card Application" on the Welcome page of RegLine. That link is for people who need to apply for their original card. For replacements, you must log back into the system.
Once logged in:
- Left hand side bar in gray, under “Activities” click on “Boat Education Card Replacement Application” link.
- Click on “Start”
- Follow the directions.
If you are unable to Register, or once logged in the system, you are unable to find the Boater Education Card Replacement Application link on the left, you may not have been issued the official Oregon Boater Education Card. Many individuals are still carrying their temporary certificates from the Boating Safety course, assuming that to be the OR boater card. If this is the case, give the Marine Board a call at 503-378-8587 and ask for the Education Section.