Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some common questions and answers about all Safe Boating training resources offered
by BOATERexam.com®. If you have a question you would like to see
added to this list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your question.
Safe Boating Training Resources
Q. What do I study in order to prepare for the Exam?
A. The online Safe Boating Course covers 100% of the exam material. A printed manual is also available for purchase.
Q. Can I purchase a printed version of the safe boating manual?
A. Yes, you may purchase a hard copy version
of the “Canadian Safe Boating Course” manual. Please
visit our training section for further information.
Q. I want to take a classroom course. Where are they offered?
A. Classroom courses are offered at various locations and dates throughout Canada.
To view a list of safe boating courses in your area,
please visit our classroom course listings.
Q. Why take a classroom course?
- To improve the safety of all boaters and the boating environment.
- To get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card as required by the regulation.
- To learn about your responsibility.
- To make your boating experience enjoyable for everyone.
Q. What is covered in a classroom course?
A. The course covers a full range of basic boating information such as:
- minimum safety equipment requirements required on board your boat;
- the Canadian Buoy system;
- how to share waterways;
- a review of all pertinent regulations;
- and how to respond in an emergency situation.
Q. What are my options?
A. Take the course in class or online, or, purchase a training manual from an approved training organization, study on your own and then take the test. We also offer summer testing locations across the country. Simply call us at 1.866.688.2628 to see if we have an exam centre near you.
Q. Does Transport Canada or the Canadian Coast Guard teach boating safety courses or offer the exam?
A. No. Private companies administer all courses and tests and issue all cards.