Iowa Boating Safety Course Overview
Get your Iowa Boater Education Card in three easy steps!
1. Study the Online Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
Start the Course
2. Pay Only When You Pass
- Pay $29.95 + $5 state fee, only when you pass the final exam
- 75 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (60 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
3. Get your Iowa Boater Education Card
- Your temporary certificate is available to print immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 4-6 weeks
Boating License or Watercraft Safety Certificate... Is there a difference?
The boater education card is proof that you have successfully completed a boating safety course. The boater education card does not expire and does not need to be renewed. Therefore, it is NOT an Iowa Boating License!