Kentucky Boating Safety Course Overview
Get your Kentucky Boater Education Card in three easy steps!
1. One-time payment — unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $29.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
Start the Course
2. Study the Online Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
3. Get your Kentucky Boater Education Card
- Print a temporary card (valid for 60 days) immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks
Boater Education is required for all persons between 12 and 17 years of age who operate a powered watercraft on Kentucky waters.