At BOATERexam.com, we're happy to provide a free online study guide to help you prepare for your New York boater education classroom course.
Note: The online study guide is not a substitute for the classroom course.
To get your New York Boater Education Card, follow these three steps:
1. Take an approved classroom course.
- The New York Safe Boating Course is designed to last a minimum of eight (8) hours, including the final proctored exam.
- For a list of available courses, click on the button below. If there are no courses offered in your area, check back often; the course list is updated every Friday.
Find a course
2. Pass the proctored exam at the end of the course.
- A score of at least 76% is required to pass the proctored final exam.
- You will receive a temporary boating safety certificate upon completion of the classroom course and final exam.
3. Order your New York Boating Safety Certificate.
- Your permanent New York Boating Safety Certificate does not expire.
- Note: Students 18 years of age and older are required to pay a $10 fee to NYS for the issuance of a permanent boating safety certificate.
- Find out more.
To find a classroom course in areas of New York State, please visit: www.nysparks.com or Safe Boating America.
Boater Education is required for all persons between 10 and 18 years of age who operate a motorboat and for all persons 14 years of age and older who operate a PWC on New York waters.