Who needs a District of Columbia Boating Safety Certificate?
Anyone operating a vessel on District of Columbia waterways is required to have a Boating Safety Certificate. BOATERexam.com® is a delegated provider for the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, Harbor Patrol.
Returning user? Log in here
Approved by the
District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, Harbor Patrol
Good for life!
Get your official
District of Columbia Boating License
unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $34.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
Study the Online
Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
Get your District of Columbia
Boating Safety Certificate
- Print your temporary card (valid for 60 days) immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks