State Boating and Boater Education Information
If you were born on or after January 1, 1982 and are operating a vessel over 25 horsepower in the state of Pennsylvania, you must carry the Pennsylvania Boating Safety Education Certificate.
Note: If someone says you need a 'boating license', what they mean is that you need the Pennsylvania Boating Safety Education Certificate.
One of the easiest ways to get the Pennsylvania Boating Safety Education Certificate is to take BOATERexam.com’s online boating course. BOATERexam.com® is approved by the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission (PFBC), the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), and is also recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- There are over 360,000 boats registered in Pennsylvania.
- Despite the popularity of boating in Pennsylvania, in 2010, the state accounted for only 2% of boating accidents and 1% of boating fatalities in the U.S.
What can I expect from BOATERexam.com®?
The BOATERexam.com® course includes 9 chapters followed by a 60-question final exam. Each chapter is followed by a 10-question quiz to help you prepare for the exam.
BOATERexam.com® is narrated, interactive and provides visual aids in its testing, features that make learning interesting and passing easier. Boaters choose BOATERexam.com® by more than 2 to 1 over the next leading competitor*.
Get your Pennsylvania Boating Education Safety Certificate today.
Why use BOATERexam.com® to get your Pennsylvania Boating Safety Education Certificate?
- Approved by the PFBC and NASBLA
- Fast and convenient online study
- Interactive course material makes learning easy
- Print a temporary boater education certificate as soon as you pass.
|U.S. Coast Guard Recreational Boating Statistics for Pennsylvania|
|Total number of accidents
*2011 Responsive Management report.