Wisconsin Boater Safety Course & Exam Overview
Get your Wisconsin Boating Safety Certificate in three easy steps!
Note: You must have a DNR number to get your boating safety certificate. For more information on the DNR number, please visit the DNR site.
1.One-time payment — unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $29.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
2. Study the Online Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
3. Get your Wisconsin Boating Safety Certificate
- You must first obtain a DNR number if you do not already have one.
- For more information, you can contact the DNR office at 1-888-936-7463
- Print your permanent certificate online from your account