Who needs to take the Illinois boaters safety course?
Anyone born on or after January 1, 1998 who operates a powered watercraft of 10hp or more needs a Boater Safety Certificate. BOATERexam.com® is a delegated provider for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
Returning user? Log in here
Approved by the
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Good for life!
Get your official
Illinois Boating License
unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $34.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
Study the Online
Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
Get your Illinois
Boating Education Certificate
- Print a temporary card immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks