State Boating and Boater Education Information
As of May 1, 2010, North Carolina residents under the age of 26 must successfully complete a NASBLA-approved boating education course before operating any vessel with a motor of 10 HP or more.
You can get your North Carolina boater education certification from BOATERexam.com®. BOATERexam.com® meets all the boating education requirements for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. The online course is also approved by NASBLA and recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- In 2010, there were 400,846 boats registered in North Carolina.
- In North Carolina, it is the law that anyone under 13 years of age must wear PFD when on a recreational watercraft.
- North Carolina accounted for 3% of U.S. boating accidents in 2010 and 3.6% of boating-related fatalities.
What can I expect from BOATERexam.com®?
The North Carolina BOATERexam.com® course includes 9 chapters followed by a 60-question final exam. Each of the chapters has a 10-question quiz to help you prepare for the exam.
BOATERexam.com® is narrated, interactive and provides visual aids in its testing-features that make learning interesting and passing easier. Boaters choose BOATERexam.com® by more than 2 to 1 over the next leading competitor*.
Get your North Carolina boater education certificate today.
Why choose BOATERexam.com® for your North Carolina Boating Education Course?
- Approved by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Fast and convenient online study
- Interactive course material makes learning easy
- Print a temporary boater education certificate as soon as you pass
U.S. Coast Guard Recreational Boating Statistics for North Carolina
|Total number of accidents
*2011 Responsive Management report.